The olann is a high performance, robust hill country sheep, producing fine high value 20-28 micron wool. A superbly balanced meat and wool producing sheep for widespread use throughout New Zealand.
- Wool. Micron testing and selecting of even, fault free fleeces at 20-28 micron.
- Reproduction. Reliable performance that delivers year on year.
- Survival. DNA parentage, so ewes can lamb unassisted on the hills.
- Growth. Kelso’s dominant trait with industry leading performance.
- Adult Size. A moderate size ewe for efficiency and robustness.
- Meat. High yielding carcasses, using the MyoMAX gene.
- Body Condition. Sheep that maintain condition year round in challenging environments.
- Hogget Reproduction. Selecting early maturing females for hogget lambing.
- WormFEC. Testing and selecting for their resistance to parasites.
Download Olann Brochure