Selection for tolerance to Facial Eczema is a key trait for kelso.X rams without giving up the high performance other hard-earned high performance characteristics of the Kelso breed.
- Facial Eczema. Sired by rams in the top 20% for FE across all FE recorded flocks.
- Reproduction. Reliable performance that delivers year on year.
- Survival. DNA parentage, so ewes can lamb unassisted on the hills.
- Growth. Kelso's dominant trait with industry leading performance.
- Adult Size. A moderate size ewe for efficiency and robustness.
- Meat. High yielding carcasses, using the MyoMAX gene.
- Wool. Weighing and selecting even fault free fleeces.
- Body Condition. Sheep that maintain condition year round in challenging environments.
- Hogget Reproduction. Selecting early maturing females for hogget lambing.
- WormFEC. Testing and selecting for their resistance to parasites.